- All drivers must have a fire extinguisher and a pit mat to collect fuel and oil leaks in their pit area.
- Wristbands--- Due to insurance rules per WKA, Blue Max is required to have everyone 4 years old and over purchase a wristband on race days.
- Gates open at 6:00am
- Tech starts at 7:00am
- Drivers meeting at 8:45 (mandatory for all drivers)
- NO MOTOR START UP BEFORE 9:00 in respect of our neighbors.
- Practice/qualifying starts at 9:00am.
1. Each driver will drop one race from the Blue Max Club series, either at home or away at a Tri-County race. If all races are run by the driver, then the race which generated the fewest points will be dropped. DQ's cannot be dropped.
2. If a driver takes the green flag during qualifying and does not complete the qualifier and subsequent heat race or main driver will be given last place points or points according to the finishing result of said driver at time of DNF.
3. All DQ's will be assessed according to the 2013 WKA rulebook.
4. All karts must have a rear bumper covering at least 50% of the back wheels.
5. Spec tires are noted in the class structure below and are subject to change.
6. Shifters may use MG yellow or Bridgestone YKC, YHC or YKB for regular club races, all other races will be as per rules of that series. (Tri-County, WKA)
7. A driver cannot transfer points from one class to another.
8. Class Kart weights will be the same as the WKA series. ***
9. All tech rules for the club races will be the same as the WKA series. ***
10. No front braking systems will be allowed except for 125cc shifter class.
11. If a racer is involved in a racing accident, the race director has the right to decide if that racer can continue that day or not. If not, the racer will receive last place points or points according to when they dropped out if other racers had DNF before the time of the accident of said driver.
12. Spec fuel (except clones): 110 octane, non-oxygenated.
13. Clone fuel: Pump gas.
14. Kid Karts fuel: Supplied by BMKC.
15. No tire doping allowed.
*** Subject to change
- You must be a paid member in good standing to receive points for racing. Points will accrue after dues are paid in full.
- To be eligible for year-end awards you must participate in a minimum of 7 club races. There will be one throw-away. Your race class must also have a minimum average participation of three (3) racers to be eligible for a championship jacket.
- Scoring will be per 2013 WKA rules. See 800.3.
- BMKC reserves the right to eject any party and DQ the associated driver(s) for loud or profane/vulgar outbursts towards officials, personnel or other drivers or attendees. Physical threats to officials WILL result in a one year ban from the facility.
- The use of alcohol during race day is prohibited. Once the track has closed, local laws apply. The use of narcotics and all illegal substances is forbidden. Failure to comply shall result in DQ's and ejection from facility. Repeated violations may result in a ban from the facility.
- All karts must be submitted to and pass pre-tech before entry onto the track on race day. A kart that is intentionally resubmitted for pre-tech or placed onto the racing surface without having completed the required corrections may be assessed a penalty and placed at the rear of the field.
- Competitors are solely and directly responsible for the safety of their karts and racing equipment and are obligated to minimize to the maximum extent possible the risk of injury or death to themselves and others, regardless of receiving pre-tech approval.
- In the event that a kart that has not competed in qualifying nor any heats and is presented for the main, the kart by be positioned at the rear of the field and without sticker tires and only after receiving pre-tech approval.
- New racers are required to display an "X" over their rear number plate and on the rear of their helmet for a minimum of three races. BMKC may require an extended "X" display should a new racer not display safe conduct on the track. Additionally, "X" drivers will always start at the rear of the field regardless of finish position in the heats.
**Rules and specifications subject to change at BMKC's discretion **
2-Cycle Classes per 2012 WKA West Rules
4-Cycle Classes per 2013 WKA West Rules
Class Weight Ages Tires
Kid Kart (non championship) 150lbs 5 to 8 YLC
Kid Karts 150lbs 5 to 8 YLC
JR 1-2 cycle 235lbs 8 to 12 YLC
KPV1 250lbs 8 to 12 YLC
JR1 Clone * 255lbs 8 to 12 YLC- used
KPV2 310lbs 12 to 15 YLC
JR2 Clone ** 320lbs 12 to 15 YLC- used
Junior Super Sportsman 300lbs 12 to 15 YLC
Super Sportsman Light 340lbs 15 and Up YLC
Super Sportsman Heavy 400lbs 15 and Up YLC
Formula 80 Senior 360lbs 15 and Up YLC
Formula 80 Masters 375lbs 35 and Up YLC
TaG Senior see chart 15 and Up YLC
TaG Masters see chart 35 and Up YLC
Stock Moto 125 3951bs 15 and Up YLB/MGY
Box Stock Stock Clone 360lbs 15&Up YLC- used
Clone Sumo 400lbs 15&Up YLC- used
Box Stock Clone is a claimer class.
Claimed motor will consist of complete motor less flywheel as supplied from BSP. Amount of claim is subject to change with the market value.
* .500 intake restrictor required
** .550 intake restrictor required
Tag Engines: Senior Master Engine
Class A 375 395 RokTT/Sonic
Class B 370 390 Motori 7
Class C 355 375 Leopard/Rotax
Class D 345 365 PRD
1. Any class approved as WKA National Class (per 2013 WKA Rules) will be run at Blue Max when 3 or more karts are registered.
2. Classes listed above will be run only when at least 3 karts are registered
3. Kid Karts will be run as a competitive class, with championship awards for the 2013 race series. ALL Kid Kart WKA rules apply and will be strictly enforced.
4. In the event you want to race and a three kart class is not present, Blue Max will work to place you within a comparable class to race. The intent is not to turn away racers, whether members or non-members, at a club event.
RACE REGISTRATION FORM:
Please print out the form, fill out completely and send to the address listed or bring to the track on race day. Online processing coming soon. Thank you for supporting Blue Max Kart Club.